Let's look at the cruelly overlooked, the chronically successful, and the criminally overconfident releases that showed on our screens this weekend.
There are signs of the season all over the releases this week; Playmobil are clearly going for the school holiday crowd, and a piece of Lego’s huge media success, with Playmobil Movie launching on Australian screens this week. The marketing strategy didn't seem to fit together quite right, however; despite showing on 207 screens in its first weekend, the film brought in just $120,526, for a screen average of $582.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today