Cinemas reopen this week, but did the Victorian COVID-19 spike put a dampener on cinema turnout?
Despite a spate of reopenings, this week the box office maintained an eerie calm. While this ought to have been a banner week for cinemas around the country, the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in Victoria has made this optimistic schedule of reopenings seem less certain.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today