A good week for classics, but as cinemas start to reopen the charts might be creeping towards a new normal.
We’re still somewhat in the twilight zone with the box office report. As cinemas around the country slowly begin to reopen, we see a box office not dissimilar to the lineup of the beforetimes: The Invisible Man returns to its pre-pandemic position at the top of the charts. Showing on 24 screens, Leigh Whannell's HG Wells adaption brought in a total of $53,329 over the weekend. Sonic the Hedgehog played on 19 screens, and added another $29,534 to its screens.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today