The director of new SBS series The Tailings talks about filmmaking on the remote West Coast of Tasmania, the resilience of local communities and the complexity of tough female characters.
Director Stevie Cruz-Martin was born near the Highlands of Scotland, then moved as a child to Perth, so she knows what it feels like to be outside the centre of the action. In late 2020 she was working on the wild west coast of Tasmania, directing the three-week shoot of The Tailings, an SBS Digital Original short series premiering this Easter.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today