Hard times are here for funding agencies. What is the best possible model for long form documentary? Former Investment Manager Sam Griffin offers a modest proposal.
Image: Poster for Chasing Asylum, Eva Orner's privately funded, research dominated documentary crusade.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today
Next Wednesday, the 2018 Australian International Documentary Conference is running a session on funding in tough times, when agency investments have been cut by government. As the blurb to MAGIC BEANS: Rethinking Feature Documentary Funding says,