Streaming contracts seem to be turning nasty, and composers are feeling the pressure internationally. Here is Caitlin Yeo, president of the Screen Composers' Guild.
Caitlin Yeo, the President of the Australian Guild of Screen Composers, has seen the organisation grow by around 250% in the last two years. For a small guild, that is a huge increase.
The rise is a tribute to hard-working members. As Yeo wrote in an email, ‘The AGSC is a ship not a dinghy! A big new thing here is the welcoming of Annie Parnell as Executive Director of the guild. Also, Brett Aplin has been a remarkable VP and essentially my brains trust. Craig Morgan has done so much for the mental health and well being of composers, and Felicity Wilcox has equally done so much to combat the gender inequity in our industry.’
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today