Disdainful of agencies, game for anything, addicted to genre, enthralled by risk, true indie filmmakers are hard to hunt and study. Until now, on the Gold Coast, disguised as simple business folk.
Though agencies do surveys, focus groups and advisory committees, it is pretty rare to find a properly run study of the independent screen community. Here is a report commissioned by the Gold Coast City Council which enlists the Queensland University of Technology's Digital Media Research Centre to do just that.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today