As we run out of new Australian fiction releases, we see the beginning of a traditional pattern in the top twenty. Foreign pictures squabble over the spoils.
The Dry is now lunging towards the fabled $20m barrier, poised on $19.82m, so a small sigh of delight should spread across the arthouse world some time next weekend. At the moment it is down at number five in the box office list, as the top four returns to a battle between overseas films.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today