For the documentary community, The Australian Dream is more than a fine picture suffused with controlled rage from Stan Grant. It demonstrates how images, empathy and clear rhetoric can create a national conversation.
The Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC) went into an awards ceremony for the first time under the strangest possible circumstances. In the black shoebox cave of an Australian Centre for the Moving Image Cinema (ACMI), clumps of old friends gathered together to watch a bunch of awards given out to documentary makers who received their awards with a pre-recorded announcement.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today