This week at the box office brings a spooky alternative to animated princesses while The Good Liar goes bad, and more.
Here is my favourite thing in the box office this week: Tommy Wisseau’s classic lemon, The Room, is back in limited release, after a mere 486 weeks in release. I think it’s safe to assume this is due to Cinema Nova’s late night programming (now, sadly spoon-free); the film showed on just two screens, and brought in $8,497 overall. That looks like a full house to me – and rightly so. Real art deserves an audience!
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today