The drily titled The Dry is doing remarkable business which could well be leg one of a trifecta.
There is a certain symmetry in the story of Eric Bana and the Australian screen sector. Just 20 years ago he broke through with Chopper, really a small indy film with a first time director, Andrew Dominick who also went on to Hollywood. Now Bana has turned small(ish) indy film The Dry into a box office success, which is a useful breakthrough moment for the sector. It is all in the timing.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today