The Secret Garden looks like a gentle fantasy world for kids and adults alike as everything else melts before our very eyes. Total box office for the weekend was around $5m compared to $20m for the same time last year.
The Trolls World Tour collided with the nation’s school kids last weekend, gaining twenty screens to 283, taking an extra 46% so it ran a screen average of $3761, took $730,000 and pushed the cumulative total to almost $5m. That is unusual in week three if a film's run, but the sticky fingerprints and puddles of sugary stuff show the resigned exhibitors why.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today