AIDC 2018 took delegates down the rabbit hole of digital and social platforms, to reveal the scale and quality of the competition. And tips.
Image: an early poster for the Outback Wrangler franchise.
The first time I experienced US cable TV, back in the ancient times before Netflix and 7mate, I remember being disappointed that, even with a gazillion channels, there was still nothing I wanted to watch. Not the case now! I sat through a mind-spinning session at AIDC called What’s the Buzz, where Alison Leigh from the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers sprinted through clips of trend-setting projects from around the world. It was a lifetime’s worth of brilliant shows and daunting in showing the calibre of documentaries competing for slots.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today