The figures remain grim even though Tenet and The 800 have delivered some excitement to industry hearts heavy since March.
The great tentpole hope Tenet made $1.609m at the box office this weekend, down from $2.5m last weekend, officially down 35% so it has now taken $6.527m altogether. This is a bit surprising because social distancing means that cinemas must be full at around half capacity, so we would expect the demand to dissolve away more slowly.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today