As SPA focuses on SVODs in Screen Forever next week, an RMIT report lays out the realities of Australian content. And the need for family friendly creativity.
When we blunder around the SVOD catalogues looking for Australian content, we soon discover that the international suppliers do not give an emu's blink about the cultural origins of their programs. At the top level It is never labelled by nationality - the closest seems to be a sad category on Netflix called International.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today