Strategic Opportunities Program
The Strategic Opportunities Program supports individual initiatives and events that demonstrate long-term benefits to the NSW screen industry.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis at any time during the year, subject to available funds.
To be considered for funding, Project ideas need to be discussed with Screen NSW prior to submission. Please contact our Program Officer via email@example.com
The objectives of the Program are:
- to build capacity within the industry and organisations and businesses within the sector;
- to support new and sustainable partnerships in particular between organisations of State significance and practitioners;
- to support audience access strategies for projects and practitioners.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- the project/event is well planned and of high artistic quality and it has capacity to contribute to the overall stability and strength of the NSW screen industry;
- the plans for the use of the funding and the amount of other funding;
- track record of the applicant and partners;
- the availability of funds.
Events and programs that support high-quality activity, engagement and participation with these Priority Areas are of particular importance:
- people living and/or working in regional NSW
- people living and/or working in Western Sydney
- Aboriginal people
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) backgrounds
- people with disability
Further information on addressing Priority Areas can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section on the Create NSW website – www.create.nsw.gov.au
Please note that Create NSW will not support conferences, panel discussions or similar events which have all male panel members.
For more information, visit Screen NSW