Louise Brooks stars as an audacious nightclub singer who leaves no shortage of suspects after falling victim to foul play
This tantalising whodunit was originally completed as a silent picture, but Paramount insisted on converting it to a “talkie”.
Already ensconced in Berlin, Brooks refused to return to the US to complete any voice work, so her role was dubbed (and partly reshot) by Margaret Livingston (the Woman From the City in Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans).
With William Powell, Jean Arthur and Eugene Pallette.
- DIRECTOR: Malcolm St. Clair
- Duration: 82 mins
- Country: United States of America
- Language: English
- Date: 1929
- Format: DCP, Black & White
- Source: British Film Institute Archive
- Rating: Unclassified 15+ (Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian)