Write From Home Screenwriting Workshop is an 8-week online series of development workshops designed and hosted by Screenworks and the Australian International Screen Forum.
This program will connect 8 regional Australian screenwriters with New York based screen industry professionals through screenwriting skills development sessions and networking opportunities. The program will run for 8 weeks from 27 July to 14 September 2021 and will be conducted entirely online with weekly interactive webinar sessions hosted by AISF via ZOOM.
Screenworks and AISF are asking mid-career professional screenwriters of scripted features and/or TV to submit an original screenplay to secure the opportunity to develop it under the guidance of a select group of New York-based industry mentors. Confirmed mentors include Chris Beale (Chairman of Ulladulla Films), Timothy Cooper (Founder and Owner, Blueprint Screenwriting Group), Joey Tuccio (Founder and CEO, Roadmap Writers) Chris Deckard (Manager, Fictional Entity) Zach Book (Manager, All Trades Content) and Nitza Wilon and Elizabeth Kaiden (co-Founders, The Writers Lab and Women in the Script Trade), with more advisors to be announced later this month.
By completing the 8-week bespoke program, successful participants can expect to acquire:
- A more developed screenplay; that is international in nature from both an audience and a business perspective.
- An informed sense of current international development trends and processes as they relate to their specific project.
- New connections with US-based mentors and opportunities.
- Professional feedback regarding script improvement.
- A tested and professional pitch for their project.
- Current information about securing the proper representation as a writer.
Applications are open to all Screenworks members who are living and working in regional, rural and remote Australia. Definitions of regional areas can be found here.
Selected applicants will be required to pay a participant fee of $110 inc GST.
Deadline: Wednesday 30th June 5pm AEDT