The Screen It International Film Festival (SIIFF) began in 2014 on Queensland’s Gold Coast, Australia as an opportunity to showcase local films and filmmakers. SIIFF now proudly showcases not only Australian films, but international talents as an online festival. SIIFF’s mission is to support aspiring creative film makers and provide a platform for them to display their efforts among their peers to help motivate them to keep working and building up the industry for those of us who live and breathe the arts.
From drama to comedy (and everything in between) short films will be judged by a panel of industry experts to be allocated awards. The audience can also cast their vote during the festival for the Moviegoers Favourite Award. We highly encourage entries from independent filmmakers and films with creative leads from under-represented backgrounds. We support equality and want to see that reflected in film.
This year we are proud to introduce a new category PASSIONATE ARTISTS, which is dedicated to supporting creatives who identify as disabled. All proceeds raised from submissions to this category will be donated to Indelabilityarts. To learn more about Indelabilityarts please visit their website https://www.indelabilityarts.com.
For further updates regarding key dates, awards and other information, follow our social media platforms.
Each category will be eligible for the following awards;
1. Most Outstanding Director
2. Incredible Cinematography
3. Exemplary Screenplay
4. Tremendous Editing
5. Superb Sound Design
6. Exquisite Production Design
7. Engaging Lead Performance
8. Impressive Supporting Performance
9. Visionary Costume Design
10. Moviegoers Favourite
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
1. By submitting your film (Film) to Screen It International Film Festival (Festival), you (Filmmaker) agree to the following:
2. All the information provided either through the online entry form or through email correspondence is true and accurate.
3. Filmmaker either owns the rights to, or has permission to use, the footage, sound, music, images and all other contributions that are part of the Film to the extent necessary to submit the Film to the Festival and, if accepted, screen the Film at the Festival. Please note: if the Filmmaker has any doubts about any of the rights in the Film, they must notify the Festival at the time of submission.
4. The film must be completed after 1 January 2022.
We welcome films from any country in the world. If the film is in any other language other than English, the submission requires embedded English subtitles.
5. All submission fees are non-refundable.
6. Filmmakers submitting must supply:
– Production credits/contact details
– Photos for promotional purposes, (min. resolution 1024 x 576 pixels)
– Press Kit for promotional use by Festival.
– Film Poster
– A trailer and/or scene clips from the film (ProRes 422 Full HD; 1920×1080 or higher).
7. Once a film is accepted by Festival and programmed, it cannot be withdrawn from the festival line-up, other than at the discretion of Festival.
8. By submitting a film, Filmmaker grants Festival the right to screen the film at one or more events, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use the Filmmakers submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by the Filmmaker to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote Festivals event(s), its products and services, or all, and to showcase the Filmmakers film.
9. Filmmaker owns the copyright to the film as its author and represent and warrant that the Filmmaker have (and will continue to have during the duration of Festival and thereafter) all necessary licences, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use the film and the Filmmaker will provide evidence of such on reasonable request.
10. By submitting, the Filmmaker agrees that they have read and understood these terms & conditions of entry.
11. Festival reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these ‘Terms and Conditions’ at any time. Unless otherwise indicated, amendments will become effective immediately.
For more information, visit Screen It International Film Festival