Founded in 2011, the Persian International Film Festival is a one-of-a-kind festival that showcases films by Persian-speaking filmmakers around the world. Through screenings, master classes and cultural events, it celebrates this rich cinematic culture with Australian communities. The Festival also aims to be a leader in shifting views and misconceptions in Australia by creating spaces for new and alternative voices of Persian Australians, and by being a forum for dialogue between and amongst diverse communities.
A number of awards are presented during the Persian International Film Festival, reflecting our commitment to quality cinema. A jury of international and Australian filmmakers and industry professionals will select one film to receive the festival’s Golden Gazelle Award in the following categories:
– Best Feature Film
– Best Short Film
– Best Documentary
1. Films must be submitted by the deadline.
2. Films can be in any GENRE (drama, documentary, animation).
3. The SHORT FILM LENGTH should be no more than 20 minutes.
4. The FEATURE FILM LENGTH should be more than 70 minutes.
5. One of the KEY CREATIVES (writer/director/producer) must be from a Persian background.
6. All films that are in a language other than English must be SUBTITLED in English.
7. If you have difficulty with using Paypal and credit cards, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit www.persianfilmfestival.com