Following the damning findings of the Digital Platform Inquiry, Facebook is investing in local news media. This intervention could do more harm than good.
September saw the expansion of Facebook's Local News Accelerator in Australia and New Zealand. The program will support eleven Australian news outlets through social media training and publicity, as well as a series of grants administered by the Walkley Foundation. The program aims is to help news outlets adapt their journalism to a world where information is increasingly relayed in short-form on social platforms. It has recently been supplemented by a series of vertical video partnerships.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today