The US creator of TV's 'The Magicians', 'You' and 'Supernatural' talked power and intensity, while in another session local players Leigh McGrath, Stephen M. Irwin and Jeffrey Walker added their Australian experience.
The term is still a bit fresh here, but showrunners are not exactly new in Australian television production. But we look to the US as leaders of the world's most popular and distinctly authored drama and so some of the biggest drawcards at Screen Forever this year are the creators and showrunners of popular American television, like William Horburg (The Queen's Gambit), Bruce Miller (The Handmaid's Tale) and Sera Gamble (The Magicians, You).
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today