Wringing blood from the budget stone the public broadcasters lay out their wares for the year ahead. Our fortnightly round-up of news, interviews and opinions from Australian film, TV and games.
Yesterday the ABC announced its 2021 programming slate. There were cute and awkward pieces to camera by ABC talent and management, and despite comedian Wil Anderson's quips about wringing 'blood from a stone', and Sean Micallef's estimation that each episode of Mad as Hell costs 'about $40 to make', the public broadcaster is managing to look pretty good for the year ahead.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today