The Australian television program has been nominated in the GLAAD Media Awards alongside Glee and Orange is the New Black.
Written by and starring Australian comedian Josh Thomas, the six-part ABC2 program Please Like Me has been nominated in the Outstanding Comedy Series category for the 2014 GLAAD Media Awards, alongside US programs Modern Family, Glee, Orange is the New Black and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
GLAAD (formerly known as the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) is an American organisation which works with writers, producers and studios to ensure accurate and diverse representations of LGBT people on the big and small screens. It also works to hold the media accountable for the words and images they present when representing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today