Australia has not one but two awards systems to judge films from the Asia-Pacific region, from both APSA and AACTA. How do they line up?
The Asia-Pacific Screen Awards with its associated Academy of nominees has been running for thirteen years. Various forces in Queensland, led by journalist and political web-spinner Des Power, have combined to keep it alive and grow the Asia Pacific Screen Forum around it. This year it runs to four days with the awards ceremony at the climax on Thursday November 21.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today