The indie exhibitors tug regional heartstrings to get support funds while multiplexes left out in the cold.
The federal government has announced a $20m package of support to assist independent cinema operators, catchily named SCREEN or the Supporting Cinemas Retention Endurance and Enhancement of Neighbourhoods fund. It will be run by Screen Australia to 'assist independent cinema operators who who have experienced significant declines in revenue due to the pandemic with one-off business continuity grants', according to the release.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today