An ordinary US film hits number one, while The Dry pushes for $20m and The Furnace snorts back into view.
First up, Firestarter: the story of Bangarra needs all the help it can get. Known to festival-goers as a lovely piece of work, it opened on 99 screens through Icon and made $35k in the first four days. The box office so far is a total of $83k. This one has a chance to grow, at least with specialty audiences, but most of its ultimate income will be from streamers.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today