Videogame monetisation schemes such as loot boxes and microtransactions to be the focus on the ABC current affairs program.
ABC TV’s current affairs program Four Corners will examine the monetisation practices of videogames, such as loot boxes and microtransactions, in an episode due to air on Monday May 3, 2021.
Posing the question ‘are you being played?’, journalist Lucy Carter reports on the global multi-billion dollar industry. According to the synopsis, the Four Corners report will include many different voices including videogame players, developers, and researchers to provide insights into the ethics of making money through videogames.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today