The dominance of men in the Australian feature industry is the Beast That Will Not Die. Not yet, anyway.
Image: Judy Davis in My Brilliant Career, directed by Gillian Armstrong, scripted by Eleanor Witcombe, produced by Margaret Fink with Jane Scott. In 1979, it took $3m at the Australian box office. It is a classic.
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today