Australians no longer need to look overseas to build an arts career but it remains a temptation and a challenge.
Image via clevertravelling.com
The idea of building a career as an international artist is irresistible to some, terrifying to others. What lies in wait on the other side of the ocean? Great opportunities, eager collectors and fame; or useless struggles, misery and shame? Will there be enough space in the art scene for newcomers overseas? Will the market be more competitive? And most importantly – is doing something drastic like moving out of Australia the only choice?
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today