What is the social role of technology and film? And how do we harness this potential as an avenue for change? Nancy Shwartzman discusses the intersection of gender, technology and resistance.
At the recent AIDC in Melbourne, filmmaker, technologist and creator of the Circle of 6 mobile app, Nancy Schwartzman, spoke about the various projects and films she has worked on and offered some advice to fellow impact producers. She asked a question many people in the industry are still grappling with: ‘How do we measure [impact], aside from basic metrics which we measured in screenings... How do you go beyond that to tell the story of what your film has done?’
This content is only available to members of screenhub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to screenhub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the screen sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian screen community today