We strive to make SBS, Australia's most distinctive media organisation focused on delivering a clear promise to our audiences, To inspire them to seek out different perspectives, to feel a sense of connection, belonging and empowerment. We are looking for a passionate person who wants to come on this journey.
About the role
The TVOC Industry Diversity Advisor is responsible for the consultation, research and project management required for the delivery of a number of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives both externally as well as locally within the Television and Online Content (TVOC) Division.
This person will liaise with TV industry organisations, and relevant external media organisations (including diverse media organisations and overseas broadcasters) to create research, insights, feedback and advice to further promote diversity on screen and in the production sector. This role will also be responsible for the development of initiatives designed to improve career pathways for culturally diverse people on SBS commissioned productions and within TVOC as directed by the Director of TVOC.
The role will provide influence, guidance and expertise for TVOC including liaising with its independent production partners and will be key in ensuring TVOC delivers on its overall diversity strategy and its commitments under the SBS Inclusion strategy. This role is a full time, 2 year fixed term contract.
We are looking for someone with;
- Demonstrated experience in the media sector of an engagement function or projects and providing advice at a senior level.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in Production within the TV sector.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, build consensus and manage multiple projects and priorities in complex and multi-stakeholder environments, including the ability to escalate issues appropriately, collaborate on solutions and provide thoughtful recommendations and advice.
- Well-developed strategic thinking and ability to identify opportunities, plan, execute and review in a way which delivers on strategic outcomes and increases impact.
- Well-developed interpersonal, influencing and relationship-building skills, including an ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and determine priorities.
- This role may require some travel within Australia.
You can expect a supportive environment within a dynamic media organisation and benefits such as free onsite parking (subject to availability), free gym access, retail discounts at select stores and many other perks.
At SBS, we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We want your vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten our halls, light up our screens and strengthen our team.
SBS also recognises that everyone is unique and you may require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org