We have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated Team Assistant to join us in an interesting & varied role with a focus on events.
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Salary: 60k + super
- Closing Date: Sunday, 27 June 2021 at 5pm
About Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts
Sydney Mechanic’s School of Arts (SMSA) is the oldest operating School of Arts / Mechanics’ Institute in Australia, established in 1833 to provide its members with ongoing learning opportunities. As well as being home to the longest-running lending library in Australia, SMSA offers a robust public program of talks, readings, lectures and screenings covering topics in history, literature, culture, health, science, music and current affairs. SMSA also offers venue hire to its members and the public.
We are a small, dedicated team who are passionate about books, learning and the arts and we enjoy sharing these with the Sydney community through our Library and our events program.
About the Role
We are looking for a team assistant with a can-do attitude to support the CEO/Secretary as well as the greater team. This is a varied role and will include exposure to all areas of the business including events, marketing, venue hire and membership. This role is responsible for providing proactive and efficient administration support within a small and collaborative team.
About the Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be a reliable, proactive team player with strong organisational and time management skills, who enjoys taking initiative. We are seeking a candidate who has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), a helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and get involved with all facets of the organisation. You must be confident to work autonomously and be adaptable. This is a great opportunity to grow your skills and would particularly suit someone interested in gaining experience in events and marketing.
- Provide general administrative support to the team
- Support the preparation of Board papers, agendas and minutes and manage internal team events
- Support Reception & Venue Hire, including responding to telephone calls and assisting with enquiries, using event management software to take or amend bookings
- Events administration including setting up and closing of public/member events
- Support the promotion of the organisation through marketing duties including website updates and social media content planning
- Create posters and other marketing outputs using basic design software
- Upload and update member details ensuring accuracy of data
- Ad hoc tasks / projects as required
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information about the role responsibilities and required skills.
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Excellent customer service and administration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with staff, Board and members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Organisational skills with the ability to be flexible, to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Computer savvy with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to assist with light manual work during event set-up and pack-down
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation with a clear desire to develop and build skills
Working hours are generally between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, but a willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of regular hours to accommodate events is required.
If you have a personable attitude and would like to develop your career within a small collaborative and supportive team, apply now! Alternatively, call Max Bosotti on 02 9262 7300 for more information.
How to Apply:
Refer to the full Position Description for detailed information about the role responsibilities and required skills.
Submit your CV along with a 1 page cover letter (mandatory) detailing your suitability to the role and why you’d like to work with us via Apply Now below
Closing Date: Sunday, 27 June 2021 at 5pm
This position is for Australian residents and citizens only. Please do not apply if you are on a working holiday visa.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications only those shortlisted for an initial phone interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!