Screen Australia is the Commonwealth Government’s primary agency for supporting Australian screen projects, practitioners and businesses. We support projects of scale and ambition, distinct local stories told with strong creative voices and risk-taking content for all platforms.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Publicist to join our Communications team in this busy and varied role. Working closely with the Senior Publicist, this position will see the successful candidate, manage funding announcements on behalf of Screen Australia’s content department and be the primary point of contact to take Screen Australia titles from funding confirmation stage to funding announcements (public). In addition, this position will create media materials in consultation with stakeholders, such as producers, broadcasters and distributors in order to announce Screen Australia funding.
This position will be offered as a full time 6 month maternity leave cover and the successful candidate will ideally be immediately available.
In order to hit the ground running you will demonstrate the following:
· Minimum 3-years’ full time experience in a media relations or corporation communications role, ideally within the Australian screen industry or broader entertainment / arts industry.
· Tertiary qualifications – Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Media or similar.
· Exceptional writing ability, with considerable experience producing media releases from scratch.
· Proven experience in the administration side of communications, particularly maintaining large-scale WIPs.
· Demonstrable experience in stakeholder relations, particularly in negotiating media strategy and approvals.
In return you will receive a salary of $79,515 + 15.4% super, work in our modern offices in Ultimo and join a dynamic, high performing team with a reputation for delivering highly valuable content and resources to the industry.
Screen Australia is committed to increasing workplace inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note, while at Screen Australia, employees are unable access any state or Screen Australia funding, in addition to freelancing on any Screen Australia productions.
How to apply
For further information on this position and to apply, please visit the Screen Australia website: www.screenaustralia.gov.au/jobs
Applications must be received by 29 October 2021.