Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
As a Systems Administrator at Method Studios Melbourne you will need a passion for automation, learning new skills and a desire to support the ever-changing technical needs of a team creating mind-blowing visual effects for Game of Thrones, Terminator: Dark Fate and Aquaman. No two days are ever the same. You will need to be open-minded and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you make a direct contribution to delivering award-winning film and TV.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• A background in Linux administration
• Experience automating tasks using Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Bash, Python
• A good understanding of networking and security fundamentals
• Experience administering AD/LDAP, DNS, DHCP
• Working knowledge of virtualisation and container technologies
• Practice in both reading and writing documentation
• Experience working in a VFX environment supporting Maya, Nuke, Houdini, V-Ray, Renderman
• Professional experience of cloud administration and automation (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Software development experience (Python, Java, C#, Ruby, C/C++, Git, Jenkins)
• Database administration (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Monitoring and observability (Grafana, Zabbix, Prometheus)
• NAS storage administration