The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) is dedicated to training the most exceptional young classical musicians from Australia and New Zealand. ANAM provides an intense studio-based program of individually-tailored lessons, classes, coaching, seminars and rehearsals, alongside a public performance schedule of over 180 events each year. ANAM’s audience and membership base is highly engaged and supportive.
The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) is looking for an experienced and dynamic fundraiser to help build ANAM’s philanthropic revenue by identifing and cultivating new philanthropic and corporate partners, nurturing existing supporters, and engaging and activating dormant/lapsed donors.
DETAILS OF ENGAGEMENT
Position title: Senior Development Coordinator
Salary: Open to negotiation
Time fraction: We envisage this as a full time position, but talk to us about flexibility if you wish.
Probationary period: three months
Employment type: permanent ongoing, subject to the successful completion of the probationary period
Reports to: Deputy General Manager
Location: Based at the Abbotsford Convent, Abbotsford Melbourne
Commencement: Immediate start
- Develop and deliver the strategy to increase ANAM’s mid-level donors ($10K-$75K) and size of gifts while simultaneously nurturing relationships with our existing donors at this level.
- Develop and deliver ANAM’s EOFY campaign (mail and online) and major fundraising events including a Gala dinner
- Produce (write, oversee design/production/distribution) ANAM’s major fundraising collateral including our Case for Support, brochures, Donor Impact Newsletter, and Alumni Map all of which tell the story of ANAM and demonstrate the value and outcome of our work.
- Identify possible corporate partners for ANAM, seek to engage their support and investment (with Deputy General Manager). Ongoing management of these relationships
- Conduct donor research and analysis: externally to understand trends in giving; in our Tessitura database to track the effectiveness of our fundraising activities; and further afield to identify new sources of fundraising revenue and new donors to approach
- Develop a strategy to better understand/engage dormant donors
- Contribute to Development strategy and Capital Fundarising campaign
KEY SELECTION CRITERA
- Experience and a demonstrated track record of success as a fundraiser managing a portfolio of donors and engaging potential donors
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills: confidence on the phone and experience putting together fundraising collateral like cases for support, donor proposals, acquittals, and newsletters
- Experience putting together fundraising campaigns and appeals using mail, phone and online solicitation, web and print promotion
- Current working knowledge of Tessitura (or similar CRM database like Salesforce) with a demonstrated willingness to learn, explore and adopt new technologies
- The ability to work autonomously (great organisational skills) as well as experience working as part of a small close team
- Capacity to attend events after hours and occasionally travel interstate
- An understanding of the arts landscape in Australia, classical music and ANAM’s role in this landscape. The ability to talk to people who also love music and want to support young people in the arts
- An inquisitive positive mindset, the ability undertake donor research and explore leads, to connect with people, reach out to potential donors, and create a welcoming and warm point of contact for people interested in ANAM
- A friendly, flexible and positive approach to work and a love of being part of an admin team that pulls together to support one another and achieve a shared goal
Availability to occasionally work outside regular office hours, including some evenings and weekends.
ANAM’s Commitment to the Safety of Children and Young People
ANAM has a commitment to uphold and respect the safety of all children and young people. This position will require a Victorian Working with Children Check and a National Crime Check.
Equity and Diversity
ANAM promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. ANAM encourages people with a disability, indigenous Australians, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
The cohort of employees and contractors at ANAM is selected solely on the basis of merit. Employment at ANAM is based on a recruitment process that includes a panel-based interview. ANAM employees are encouraged to undertake diversity and inclusion awareness training and professional development activities.
Enquiries and applications: Charlotte Cassidy, People and Culture Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about ANAM available at anam.com.au
Please send applications as a single PDF. Only applications that address the Essential Selection Criteria will be considered. Please also include a cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you are suitable for this role, plus a brief CV with the details of three referees. Referees will not be contacted without prior notice. Applications submitted automatically via ArtsHub will not be accepted.