Screen Queensland is a government-owned company that invests in talent and projects to grow a creative, innovative and successful screen industry with a focus on stories and global audiences, secures production to Queensland, and delivers an active screen culture across the state. www.screenqld.com.au
Screen Queensland is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive of difference, encouraging and enabling each employee to fully contribute. The Company recognises the diversity of our employees and aims to provide a Company culture that recognises, respects, values and enables everyone to work effectively towards the achievement of our business goals.
This position leads Screen Queensland’s Marketing and Communications team and is responsible for setting and delivering strategy with a focus on marketing and PR, stakeholder relations, and industry events.
Work closely with all business units and in particular the creative division (content, production attraction, and screen culture) to position Queensland as Australia’s leading production, post and visual effects destination, a significant talent and IP-creation hub, and a thriving home of screen culture. Set and drive a marketing and communications strategy to ensure Queensland is recognised as a centre of excellence Australia-wide and internationally
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Develop and manage an effective brand management strategy for Screen Queensland, in consultation with executive management.
- Provide high level strategic marketing, brand and communications advice to the CEO, board and executive management.
- Develop and deliver cohesive communications strategies - marketing, digital marketing/communications, stakeholder relations - based on market analysis and response to business priorities and identified client segment needs.
- Develop marketing support materials for targeted campaigns, such as advertisements, trade missions, conferences, ensuring brand and narrative consistency across all platforms. Oversee production of all promotional materials.
- Deliver the corporate communications programs for Screen Queensland including the annual report, corporate website and social media channels.
- Oversee speech-writing, media releases, ministerial and department briefs, web content, material for publications and any other external and internal communications.
- Develop and execute an annual SQ events plan in line with strategic priorities.
- Oversee the relationship management of partners, industry associations and organisations to effectively execute Screen Queensland’s special events and initiatives.
- Identify emerging issues that may impact on the activities of Screen Queensland and develop specific communications strategies to address these issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the media, responding to media enquiries and conducting proactive media outreach.
- Establish Screen Queensland executives as thought leaders in the industry to build a strong and trusted organisational profile.
- Plan, deliver and manage a strong vision asset bank.
- Develop and and manage the annual marketing budget, paying close attention to delivering value for the organisation.
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Cover letter (in Word or pdf format) – responding to the selection criteria above.
- Resume – clearly detailing your skills and experience as relevant to this role. Please include at least two referees.
- Work samples – links to (or copy of) a selection of press/media release/PR/ online content would strengthen your application.
For further information, please contact Bridget McLister, People and Culture Advisor, on 07 3248 0539 (email@example.com).
Applications close 9am Monday 6th July 2020.