The Playing Queensland Fund (PQF) supports the delivery of performing and visual arts projects by Queensland artists and organisations that are ready to tour and have demonstrated community interest and confirmed demand.
PQF includes support for touring arts and education activities, and artists in residence projects targeted at schools and kindergartens in regional Queensland.
A component of the fund delivers outcomes under the Queensland Government’s Backing Indigenous Arts Initiative (BIA).
- Ensure all Queenslanders have access to the arts by supporting high quality performing and visual arts tours taking place in communities across Queensland
- Support tours with a strong demonstration of demand
- Create employment and training opportunities for Queensland artists and arts workers
Up to $20,000 for an artist in residence component of any application.
Up to $150,000 total per application.
Major Performing Arts Organisations can apply for up to $150,000 per year or up to $300,000 over two years.
PQF is a rolling fund. Applications are open for activity commencing after 1 January 2021
Applicants must apply at least 12 weeks before their tour commences.
Funding is administered across four funding streams to ensure investment is balanced across all art forms and types of applicants, from independent artists and small-to-medium organisations to major performing arts companies.
- Performing Arts Touring – Individuals and Small-to-Medium sector
- Performing Arts Touring – Major Performing Arts Organisations (MPAOs)
- Visual Arts Touring
- Arts and Education (new stream for touring to schools and regional artists in residence projects)
PQF applicants must:
- be based in Queensland
- demonstrate that the touring product is from Queensland
- include at least two regional Queensland communities in their touring proposal (or at least one regional location if applying for artists in residence only).
Additional eligibility criteria apply. See PQF guidelines for a full list of eligibility requirements.
How to apply
- Read the Playing Queensland Fund documents: guidelines, application form, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and important information for applicants.
- Apply online.