Screen Queensland, SBS and Madman Entertainment, together with The Post Lounge and Media Super, are actively looking for feature films for the RIDE (Respect, Inclusion, Diversity, Equality) Feature Film Fund, an opportunity for under-represented Queensland talent to develop and produce a $1.5 million feature film, every year for three years.
Who can apply?
At its heart, RIDE is an opportunity that will develop the careers of screen professionals who come from backgrounds that are under-represented in the Australian screen industry.
Applications are open to Queensland writers, directors and producers, with anywhere from zero to two feature film credits in their nominated role, from an under-represented background.
For the purposes of this program we and SBS recognise this as differences in gender; age; Aboriginal identity; cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD); disability; sexuality and gender identities, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI+), location (including regional and remote areas); and socio-economic status.
You can apply as an individual or a team.
While we will consider collaborations with out-of-state talent, the roles of writer and director must both be held by Queensland talent from an underrepresented background.
You must also be able to demonstrate that you own the rights to the story you are trying to tell.
How to apply?
You can submit your concept via SmartyGrants at any time and we will aim to get back to you within approximately 8 weeks.
Your proposal will need following.
- One-paragraph synopsis.
- One-page synopsis.
- Treatment (if written).
- 30 pages of your screenplay, or a completed draft if it is available.
- CVs for all key creatives.
- Links to your previous work.
You’ll get one shot to submit your written pitch so before you apply, make sure you’ve done everything you can to put forward the best pitch possible:
- Make sure your story responds to the RIDE brief.
- Take advantage of opportunities to perfect your story through Creative Consultations and SQ Lab.
- Get feedback on your drafts from a writers group or someone you trust to give constructive feedback.
- Contact us to discuss the suitability of your proposal or to ask any questions on 07 3248 0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You must read the following documents before you apply.
We’re here to help make it happen. If you have an idea you want to discuss and are unsure if you’re on the right track, or have any questions, we’ll talk you through it.