SQ is committed to building a vibrant screen culture in Queensland and celebrate the art of filmmaking. Our purpose is to grow the screen industry and contribute to the economic and cultural well-being of Queensland. Our screen culture funding plays an integral role in helping make this happen.
The Screen Culture Funding Program aims to:
- increase access to screen content in Queensland, from traditional cinematic screens to new platforms
- provide support for regional and remote screen festivals across Queensland
- support screen events that increase audiences’ choices
- provide diverse content, often outside the mainstream
- maximise Queensland content
Rounds are open twice annually to support activities occurring each financial year. Successful applicants are provided with a funding grant to assist with the costs of running their event or project.
Applications for events happening between 31 December 2019 to 31 July 2020 have closed. Applications for events happening from 1 June 2020 are open now.
Explore the screen culture funding guidelines below or download a copy here
Click here for more information.