2020 Annual Grants
Our annual grants provide financial and in-kind support for community initiatives and projects.
Applications for programs and events running in 2020 open on Monday, 10 June, 2019, and close on Monday, 22 July, 2019, at 11:59pm. No late applications will be accepted.
In 2020 this program will invest over $900,000 in programs which support and enrich the Yarra community. The funded programs will address a wide variety of local needs and promote connectedness and well-being across Yarra.
Successful applicants will be notified in November, 2019.
Annual Grants streams and categories
The Annual Grants are split into a number of different streams. Some of these streams also have sub-categories. These are:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Development
- Community Housing
- Family, Youth and Children
- Sports and Recreation
- Youth-Led Grants
For further information about the funding priorities and maximum grant amount for each category see the Annual Grant Guidelines 2020.
Grant writing sessions
Council is also offering two free grant writing sessions in May, as part of our community training program.
Details are available on our community training information page.
Grant information sessions
We will be holding several information sessions, providing further information and the opportunity to ask questions in person. These will be held on:
- Thursday, 13 June, 2019, 10am-12pm, at Bargoonga Nganjin - North Fitzroy Library, Seminar Rooms (182 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy)
- Thursday, 13 June, 2019, 6pm-8pm, at Richmond Town Hall, Meeting Room 1 (333 Bridge Road, Richmond)
- Friday, 14 June, 2019, 12pm-2pm, at Collingwood Library Meeting Room (11 Stanton St, Abbotsford)
We will also hold two sessions specifically for those applying to the Youth Led Grants stream, on:
- Monday 17 June, 2019, 5pm-7pm, at Yarra Youth Centre (156 Napier Street, Fitzroy)
- Monday 24 June, 2019, 5pm-7pm, at Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library Seminar Room (182 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy)