The Arts Activities $5-50k round is now open and will close 28 February 2020. This round is for activities to commence from 1 July. Information Sessions will be held:
When: 12.30-1.30pm, Wednesday 22 January 2020
Where: Canberra Nara Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue Canberra City
RSVP is not required. Please just arrive at the foyer of the Canberra Nara Centre prior to the meeting time and sign in with the security guard.
One on one sessions:
RSVP: required. Please book a 20 minute slot via email: ArtsACT@act.gov.au or call 6207 2384.
12-2pm, Tuesday 28 January 2020, Tuggeranong Arts Centre
12-2pm, Wednesday 29 January 2020, Belconnen Arts Centre
12-2pm, Thursday 30 January, Ainslie Arts Centre
Please read below for full details on the Arts Activities $5-50k round.
Arts Activities funding is available to ACT-based artists at all stages of their careers and to organisations providing the Canberra community with opportunities to engage in the arts. It supports artists, groups and arts organisations to undertake a broad range of activities including artform-based projects, mentorships, residencies, professional or skills development and opportunities for the community to actively engage in the arts.
Activities can relate to dance, literature, music, theatre, visual arts and cross-arts activities. Please note government support for the screen sector is provided through Screen Canberra and all activities relating to screen or film should apply to Screen Canberra.
Funded activities must strongly meet one or more of the following aims:
- Arts Development
- Arts Participation and Access
- Arts Opportunities
Arts Activities Funding is available through two categories:
- Up to $5k Funding: is open all year round.
- $5-50k Funding: two rounds per year. The current round opened on 1 December 2019 and closes 5pm on 28 February 2020 for activities starting after 1 July 2020.
The Government has committed to $775,000 being available for Arts Activities across the two categories. At least $175,000 will be available for the Up to $5k category over the calendar year, and at least $600,000 will be available for the two $5-50k rounds .
Up to $5k for smaller projects, available all year round.
- Requests can be from $500 to $5,000. Given high demand for limited funds, requests for $5,000 need to be exceptional.
- Applications can be made at any time but must be submitted at least six weeks before the activity start date.
- Applications are assessed by artsACT staff. External peers may be consulted if required.
- Applicants can only receive funding in this category once each calendar year, except in exceptional circumstances.
- Applicants may also apply to the $5-50k category, for a different activity or another stage of the Up to $5k activity.
$5-50k for larger projects, available twice a year.
- Requests can be from over $5,000 to $50,000.
- There will be two rounds each year with set opening, closing and announcement dates.
- Round One opens annually on 1 June and closes 31 July with announcements made by 31 October for activities to commence from 1 December.
- Round Two opens annually on 1 December and closes 28 February with announcements made by 30 May for activities to commence from 1 July.
- Applications are peer assessed.
- Applicants can only receive funding in this category once each calendar year.
- Applicants may also apply to the Up to $5k category for a different activity or another stage of the $5k to $50k activity.
How to Apply
Applications to both categories must be submitted via the online artsACT grants portal.
Applicants are encouraged to read the Arts Activities Handbook.
We encourage all applicants to speak with artsACT staff before making an application. Please also contact us to discuss any accessibility requirements you may have. You can either phone us on 6207 2384 or email artsACT@act.gov.au
We also have two videos about Arts Activities Funding:
If you are not sure this funding is right for your activity or want to know more about what to put in an application, you can attend an information session, or book in for a one-on-one with us.