Funding in this category is for practicing artists in all disciplines - including (but not limited to) painting, sculpture, photography, textiles, drawing, music, theatre, dance, printmaking, ceramics, writing, new or mixed media - who need to adapt the delivery of their arts practice to engage/share with Hume City community members in new ways whilst adhering to social distancing directives.
Applicants must be individuals with a demonstrated record of activity. However, applicants may propose to engage other artists in the course of their project (for example a visual artist may include fees for a videographer etc).
Applicants scheduled to deliver/display work in the City of Hume that has now been cancelled are encouraged to apply.
Examples of projects include: online training and development opportunities, costs of adapting and presenting work to online or digital media formats, community development or participation programs.
Purchase of equipment up to $1000 can be included in the application.
- Be a Hume resident (you must provide evidence of residential status such as driver’s license, rates notice or utility bill)
- Have an active creative practice (demonstrated through documentation of works, exhibitions, performances)
- Be facing financial hardship due to COVID-19 restrictions (demonstrated by loss of income or opportunity)
- Have no outstanding debts with Hume City Council
- Demonstrate a service/benefit to the broader Hume City community
- Have satisfactorily acquitted any previous funding received by Hume City Council