Examples of assistance may include:
- supporting those who are self-isolating, being quarantined at home or are dependent on external services that are no longer running
- providing goods or services for vulnerable community members, such as transport or essential supplies like prescribed medication
- creating innovative ways to reduce social isolation and build community connection, such as online programs or information sharing.
To be eligible you must meet all of the below criteria:
- Located within the City of Melbourne or providing services to the City of Melbourne community.
- A not-for-profit organisation or a recognised community group with proven involvement with high need and vulnerable communities within the municipality.
- An organisation that does not have pre-existing debt or non-compliance issues with any grant, contract or tender with the City of Melbourne.
- Applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
How to apply
Complete and submit your application online via SmartyGrants. Submit one application only.
Once submitted, you will receive an application acknowledgement receipt from SmartyGrants.
In exceptional circumstances, organisations may:
- be allocated an amount greater than $5000
- apply for a subsequent grant based if they can provide evidence of having spent the first grant and can demonstrate additional need.