Make a short film based on the theme “Excess". Your film should a maximum of 5 minutes including credits – we love short and punchy films with a good story.
Is there such thing as too much of a good thing? Excessive consumption, connectivity, and opinions are ever present in our modern society. Your film could explore any genre, be it comedy, documentary, animation, horror, musical – whatever you want to make! We just want to see your point of view on the theme.
The judges are on the lookout for innovation, good storytelling and the ability to move an audience.
Submissions will open on July 1, so get a team together and start creating!
HOW TO ENTER
Create a short film, under 5 minutes (including credits) that explores the theme “Excess".
Download the end card and include it at the end of your film.
Upload your film to Vimeo and submit your film via the enter page.
DOWNLOAD END FRAME
June 1: Call for submissions
July 1: Submissions open
October 16: Submissions close
October 21: Online voting commences
November 1: Online voting closes
November 8: Finalists Announced
December 5: Gala Event, winners announced at Village Cinemas Rivoli
- $10,000 Cash
- 1 x URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 - valued $9,105
- 1 x URSA Viewfinder - valued $2,285
- 1 x Shoulder Mount Kit - valued $605
- 1 x VLock Battery Plate - valued $149
- The First Place Film to play in selected Village Cinema locations foyer video walls for six months
- $2,000 Cash
- 1 x Pocket Cinema Camera 4K - valued $1,975
- The Second Place Film to play in selected Village Cinema locations foyer video walls for six months
- $1,000 Cash
- 1x DaVinci Resolve Studio - valued $465
- 1 x DaVinci Editor Keyboard (new product) - valued $1,515
- The Third Place Film to play in selected Village Cinema locations foyer video walls for six months
ABOUT THE VOTING PROCESS
Films will be available for public voting on October 21 via Facebook likes.
Voting will close on November 1, with the most voted for film gaining automatic entry to the finals. Additional finalists will be determined by a panel of industry judges, who will be invited to a Gala event at the Rivoli Cinemas on December 5.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS