The aims of Enterprise People are to:
- Support individuals to take advantage of development opportunities and build sustainable creative screen careers.
- Share information and experience between industry participants to build capability.
- Promote the business opportunities and commercial benefits of gender equity, diversity and inclusion.
The program recognises the freelance nature of much of the Australian screen industry and will provide support with career placements, mentorships, career consultations or any other relevant professional development opportunity. Placements can be either full-time or part-time.
- Maximum $70,000 per year for up to two years for local career placements and up to one year for international career placements. Part-time placements will be paid pro-rata.
- Maximum $20,000 for creative career development including consultations (up to $5,000), mentorships (up to $5,000) and/or other professional development opportunities (up to $10,000).
- Enterprise People is for established and emerging creative professionals in any creative role who are at a stage in their career to be able to take advantage of a placement or professional development opportunity.
- In recognition of the barriers that have faced underrepresented communities finding professional pathways into the screen sector, Screen Australia will also consider applicants who do not have formal industry experience but who can evidence the relevant skills and potential in order to take advantage of career and leadership opportunities.
Applications are open all year round and available via the online application portal.
There is a one-stage process for assessment with normally an eight-ten week turnaround for decisions. Decisions on time sensitive Placement and Career Development opportunities may be expedited under exceptional circumstances.
- an application form and a maximum four-minute video pitch or three-page written pitch
- applicant CV
- a letter of support from an industry leader
- a letter of support from the host company or mentor (as applicable)
APPLICATION AND ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Applications can be submitted at any time. That means you can apply when you are ready with a strong, well thought through, competitive application.
You can apply for multiple elements concurrently.
An applicant who is submitting an Enterprise Business & Ideas application may also apply for Enterprise People.
The questions on the application form are designed not only to provide information for the assessors, but to get you to think about the aims and assessment criteria of the program. Please also refer to the application form for guidance on what the pitch should include.
Applications will be assessed by Screen Australia executives and/or external industry specialists as required. While there is no eligibility criteria other than meeting Screen Australia’s Terms of Trade, applications will be assessed against the aims and assessment criteria of the program. Funding is not limited to particular genres of filmmaking or platforms.
All applicants will be assessed on merit against the aims of the program and the criteria below. You may be asked to attend an interview as part of the assessment process.
Click here for more information.