Welcome to the Coal Coast Film Festival! Our 2021.
Season is now open for submissions.
Coal Coast Film Festival supports talented filmmakers in their creative pursuits, by showcasing their best artworks. Our film festival was founded by LundinStudio to promote local, regional and international short films in Australia, especially for the Coal Coast.
How does it work?
We currently accept Australian and International short films. Every two months we open for submissions and select Finalists in each category. Filmmaker's posters, information or trailers are showcased online via the festival website.
You still have a chance to be a Wildcard for inclusion to the Festival Event event, if you are selected as a Semi-Finalist. In January 2021 we will announce which Semi-Finalists have been chosen for screening.
Our festival is unique to the Coal Coast of NSW. LundinStudio also has a studio space for you to share your experience, collaborate with other filmmakers and celebrate your passion for the art of filmmaking. We hope to hold a local screening at the studio in March 2021 and will also run a Live Stream for those in other states in Australia and overseas.
The Coal Coast is one of the most picturesque coastlines in Australia between Sydney and Wollongong with unique landscapes, the Sea Cliff Bridge, an endless string of beautiful beaches and incredible views.
Awards & Prizes
The Total Prize Value is over US$10,000 for 12 Finalists and 2 Award Winners!
Award Winner Prizes:
- Award Winner Laurel
- Award Winner Trophy
- Jungle Software ($429) - Gorilla Combo Pack
- StudioBinder ($594) - Studio Plan for 6 months
- Scriptation ($180) - Industry Pro for 12 months
- iPitch.TV ($189) - Access for 12 months
- LundinStudio - Green Screen shoot ($1350) - Valid for 12 months
- Lightstream (Valued at $240) - Creator Plan for 12 months
- Rhythmic Films (Valued at $500) - Valid for 12 months
- SyncSketch (Valued at $400) - Pro Plan for 12 months
- Finalist Laurel
- Scriptation (Valued at $30) - Industry Pro for 3 months
- iPitch.TV (Valued at $117) - Access for 3 months
- SyncSketch (Valued at $100) - Pro Plan for 12 months
Rules & Terms
We accept short films from any country in the following genres: Action, Adventure, Horror, Thriller, Comedy, Sci-Fi or Animation.
The Film Festival is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older.
Films must be 20 minutes or less in duration including credits.
There are no restrictions on whether your film has been online or screened by other film festivals.
Best Short Film (International)
Best Short Film (Australia)
To be eligible for submission, your film must adhere to the following conditions:
1. Submit your film via FilmFreeway.com
2. Film duration is to be 20 minutes or less (including credits)
3. English subtitles are required if your film has dialogue or text in a language other than English
4. For the International category, your film is to be created, filmed and edited outside Australia
5. For the Australia category, your film is to be created, filmed and edited within Australia
6. Must be in 25fps or 24fps in MOV or MP4
7. By submitting you agree, if selected as a Finalist, to have your film screened at LundinStudio or other venue, as well as live streamed via our secure password protected pay-per-view player in March 2021.
Further information: https://filmfreeway.com/CoalCoastFilmFestival