The Veterans Film Festival (VFF) is an annual event that puts the spotlight on stories about veterans’, their families, first responders and real or imagined genre stories about warfare and its influence on society.
Opening Deadline – March 31, 2020
Earlybird Deadline – April 30, 2020
Regular Deadline – May 31, 2020
Late Deadline – June 30, 2020
Extended Deadline – July 31, 2020
Very Late Deadline – August 31, 2020
Final Deadline – September 30, 2020
Notify Producers whose Entries have been selected for Official Selection – October 9, 2020
Veterans Film Festival – November 26 – December 2, 2020
Terms and Conditions
1. Veterans Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘VFF’) – ABN 17 618 350 791, is organised by the Board and Staff of the Veterans Film Festival. The VFF is a non-commercial organisation, incorporated in New South Wales (NSW) as a non-profit-making company under the Corporations Act 2001.
2. All filmmakers submitting a film to the VFF, accept and agree to comply with the following ‘Terms and Conditions’
3. The VFF is open to all filmmakers and serving or ex-serving defence personnel of all ages and abilities from across the globe.
4. VFF only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed.
5. VFF accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
6. The person submitting a film to VFF is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at VFF if it is selected.
7. All submission fees are non-refundable.
8. Student filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees:
These entrants must supply the following:
Your Student ID
Name of school, college or university
Name of Your Course
Name of you Lecture or teacher
Email of lecturer or teacher
How to Submit
Complete and submit Your online submission form
Pay relevant Submission fee
Films must be submitted via an online platform
9. You must also supply:
Production credits and contact details
5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
a one paragraph synopsis (English)
director’s statement about the film
the director’s photo, biography and filmography
an online copy of the film; as well as any other documentation that might contribute to the promotion of the work.
Electronic Press Kit for promotional use (Optional)
Film Poster (Optional)
A short trailer of the film (Optional)
10. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a VFF event. All films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a venue.
11. Screening events are scheduled during the VFF at the discretion of VFF. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, VFF reserves the right to alter this schedule and screening event at any time for any reason. VFF does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
12. Awards may be presented during the festival at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All awards will be listed on our website.
13. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote VFF, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
Click here for more information.