SUBMISSION FOR GECO 20 NOW OPEN!
GECO: G Eco (Environmental) Film Festival is a short, long short and feature film competition festival. Due to COVID-19, this years festival will be 100% online 31 July - 1 Aug 2021.
Its aim is to provide quality films to our festival audience with attention to films which address climate change, nature, animals, and all sentinel creatures, sustainability, environmental destruction, and resistance and change, which hold particular attention to the craft of performance, cinematography, sound and score, and editing.
We are seeking shorts, long shorts and features in documentary, animation, live-action and narrative films under 25 minutes each, long-short between 25 - 59 minutes and feature films between 60 -140 minutes each but there are no restrictions on when or where the film was made as long as the film itself can be classified into a general audience ratings.
Long Short Film
- between 25 - 59 mins
Narrative Short Film
- 25mins or under
Music Video Video
Submit your film via Film Freeway:
With many best wishes - the GECO Committee.
Awards & Prizes
Best Sound and Score
(1) Short live-action and short animated films of up to 25 minutes, long-short films between 25-59 minutes and feature films between 60-140 minutes in total duration including credits are welcome to submit into the online delivery of this years festival before the closing date and no submissions will be considered after the closing date without exception.
(2) Screening copies for Official Selection will be provided by the filmmaker to the festival as FHD 1080 25p in stereo or 5.1 with no closed captions or watermark.
(3) There are no premiere requirements and you are welcome to submit films which have been screened at other festivals in previous years as long as you notify us with details of prior screenings for our festival marketing.
(4) Notification - successful films will be invited into Official Selection by email and FilmFreeway's selection status and unsuccessful submissions will be notified through FilmFreeway's selection status only.
(5) There is no age limit to filmmakers who wish to enter a film into consideration.
(6) We do not consider material which can be understood as rough cuts, music videoclips, TVCs, corporate or training, pornographic or erotic, home video, and or a work in progress film.
(7) The decision of the selection committee is final with no exceptions.
(8) No feedback will be provided on your submission.
(9) We will not consider films which are outside the acceptance of the Australian film classification range of G, PG, M, M15+, and R however you do not have to hold an official classification rating.
(10) Eight awards will be granted in the festival (see awards section for list).
(11) Submitting to the festival does not guarantee inclusion into Official Selection.
(12) By submitting to the festival, you agree to waiver all legal action against the festival, its organisers, venue, associates, stakeholders, families and or affiliates.
(13) All subtitles (if applicable) must be in English as 'burnt in'.
(14) All submissions must be made by the film's rights holder.
(15) All films must have all clearances made before submission.
Click here for more information.