Signal is offering young screen and sound artists the opportunity to develop new works for the digital realm and form new creative collaborations online. Apply now with your most innovative idea and you could be commissioned to make it a reality.
Expressions of interest are now open, closing Friday 15 May.
Apply now via SmartyGrants.
Signal will commission up to eight emerging artists aged 16 to 25 to produce their single channel video or stereo sound work for presentation online.
Throughout the 12-week program, young artists will receive technical and creative support and mentoring through weekly online development workshops with artists and industry professionals.
Over the first six weeks, artists will focus on realising their individual proposals. In the second half of the program, each artist will be matched with a commissioned artist of the opposite discipline to develop a second, collaborative artwork.
Signal will commission up to four screen artists and up to four sound artists.
Proposals will be assessed by a selection panel comprising of the Signal Creative Producers and the Signal Screen and Sound facilitators. Up to eight young artists will be selected. If successful, you will receive a commissioning fee of $1000 to develop, produce and present your work online and produce a second work in collaboration with another commissioned artist.
Your proposal must demonstrate:
- artistic merit
- strength of the idea
- innovative approach
Submissions close at 5pm Friday 15 May. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you need assistance with your application including support with translation, please contact Signal on 03 9658 7808, email email@example.com, or via the National Relay Service.
- You must be aged between 16 and 25 years.
- We encourage expressions of interest from sound artists, video artists, sound designers, musicians, animators, composers, music producers, and film makers who enjoy working individually and collaboratively.
- You must be available to attend weekly creative development workshops online as outlined below.
- Monday 20 April: Expressions of interest open
- Friday 15 May: Expressions of interest close; applications must be received by 5pm
- Wednesday 27 May: Successful applicants notified
- Every Wednesday3 June to 19 August: Mentoring/workshop sessions; sessions start at 3pm and run between 1 and 2 hours
- Friday 28 August: Launch of works online, 5.30pm to 7pm
- Wednesday 2 September: Program debrief, 3pm to 5pm